Savantes Returns to New York with Leading Extra Virgin Olive Oils
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes - New York, USA
June 21 - 23, 2017
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes has been held in New York since 2012, and returns to Manhattan in 2017, bringing some of the best extra virgin olive oils from around the world for participants to taste, expanding their tasting knowledge, skills and experience.
Excellent Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Valuable Knowledge and Good Company makes Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes Much More than Tasting
- Taste the wide range of styles and flavour of extra virgin olive oils from many regions around the world
- Taste current international award winners from the northern and southern hemispheres
- Practice your blending skill
- Evaluate by comparison the extra virgin olive oil you produce or supply
- Discuss market trends in producing and importing countries
- Be up to date with current quality standards and the debate around new testing methods
- Explore the culinary and health selling points of extra virgin olive oil
- Make friends and expand your networks worldwide
- Achieve recognition of your own tasting ability and knowledge by becoming an Associate Savante or Member of the Register of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes
Savantes is Worldwide
In 15 years Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes has become the one of the world’s leading independent forums for the commercially important attributes of extra virgin olive oil. Savantes is presented in more locations than any other olive oil tasting program.
The Savantes network includes over 600 suppliers and tasters worldwide.
The Extra Virgin Olive Oils you will taste
The olive oils collected for tasting include the two extra virgin olive oils which are ranked amongst the best in the world. The ranking is calculated each year from awards won in the most rigorous competitions worldwide.
Extra virgin olive oils from many regions are available for tasting with special emphasis on regional varietals.
Certification and Register of International Savantes
During the session ‘Testing Your Skills as a Taster’ on day 3, participants can opt to be evaluated for Associate Savante status and Membership of the Register of International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes.
The taste tests assess tasting skill and knowledge of the range of styles and flavour of extra virgin olive oils from around the world.
To achieve Associate Savante status a score of 60% is required, a score of 80% gives the participant full Savante status and Membership of the Savantes Register.
Currently there are 15 Associate Savantes from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jordan and Spain.
Certificate of Attendance
All participants in the Savantes program receive a Certificate of Attendance at the conclusion of the last session.